Thursday, March 24, 2016

Triathlete ... to be or not to be... That is the question

I mentioned in my last post that, that i will be doing a Triathlon sprint this summer. I can't say where the total inception came from  for doing this... how ever I was urged on by my friend, not so much to do the triathlon.. but to be more active in general, maybe a bike race or a running race... But NOOOO...... triathlon is the way to do it...   Atleast that is what my brain says at this time in my life.

Complete the imaginable ! Yup.. its amazing a person like myself, who suffers through depression, anxiety, how i can still manage to pick up and complete the impossible.. well hope to complete the impossible ...

So, where do you start.. well you can be stupid like me and just go out and start doing all the things in fast motion... and then end up having IT band problems with your leg... like i do ! However this is nothing new... . and very typical of my personality. Full on... or Full off.

Yay... don't recommend that... so  I started a running program a couple weeks ago,  Pretty simple, run and walk, alternate between 1 and 2 minutes.    Now up to 30 mins of alternating.. not going a very fast pace, but that's ok, slow and steady completes the race. The only thing that is really missing, is the lack of energy that my dog has... he would run along side with me... and now.. well at at 15 years old... he runs for the first km, and then he's done.. .and when we are finished, he starting heading back to the house... sometimes even before i am done...

  Its been almost 10 years since i seriously ran a race. I kept thinking ah.. that was 5 years ago.. until I looked it up.. and realized ,,, well nope it is actually 10 years... and things are not like they were 10 years ago.. many factors, weight, age... motivation is still there... but sometimes when it is raining out there.... i don't feel like going !

As my friend Keith says..... it doesn't matter if the weather is crappy, or don't feel like doing it.. you just have to do it !

So I just keep my tag line in my head...  #KickmybuttK








No comments:

Post a Comment