Saturday, March 19, 2016

Where the time has gone, and the new road i am travelling ...

Its been almost a year since I have update my blog. So many things have happened in my life, that i guess it time to bring you up to speed.

Last year, i started a new job, doing something that actually like, and working with the best company and people i could ever find. What a blessing ...

Last summer, i received a kayak, i spent quite a few days in the summer out on it, and really enjoyed it, but my physical health was not there. In 1 year, i have managed to drop 25 pounds and I am on a new path of recovery.

Lucky for me, i have always been surrounded with fun and caring friends, but unfortunately my friends were more enablers when it comes to food. Food is dangerous for a person like me, it has lead to deep episodes of depression, Severe over weight, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

However I lucked out when one friend of mine, has pushed me enough to keep going. Finding the right food to eat, making the comments when i shouldn't eat that, and basically keep track of what heck i am doing.  It was the kick in the butt that I needed. I no longer have high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Depression comes and goes, but less and less these days. and my weight, well that is coming down.

January 2016, I started to cross country ski. I have always wanted to learn, i did once while i was a kid and in 2014, the same friend took me out and gave me a quick lesson. I wasn't totally hooked as I am now. but buy a pair of half decent skis and it gives you incentive to get out there.

Only 7 weeks in, and I am afraid the season is running out. However each week I physically can do more then before.













A typical Norwegian is born on skis, well unfortunately  I wasn't, however i am glad to embrace my heritage.


To set the bar high, I have embarked on training for a triathlon sprint.   That's right, gone from being totally inactive to working up to do this next step.

Stay tuned for more progress !
Canadian Nordic Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment