Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Hello January 2018

Happy New Year !  What does 2018 bring for you ? Hopefully something fun !

I am glad that 2017 is over ! It was the last year we owned our business, and it has been a challenge to run it to the end but now it is over and we are moving forward !

From a fitness standpoint !  Well as you may know I starting working with a Coach from Forerunners, Jerry Ziak. (featured right)
Greatest guy I have ever met and very patient.  Most of my training with him, has been spent in recovery and now we are starting to move forward from a injury I sustained 9 months ago. Even though he is my run coach, we still work on the bike too. As long as your moving, that's all that matters at this point for me.

This is the year, I will turn 50, and with that, my goal for this year is to run a 5 km and set my personal best.  In the spring I am scheduled to run a 10km  and then I will aim for a half marathon next November (Vancouver Fall Classic).   Big Goals so I'm told ! I hope to  accomplished  it in 50 year of life !

January 1st started out with the Running Room's Resolution Run.
This is one that I ran with a few friends of mine. I did alright, 36 mins for 5 km. I was hurting that day, not feeling that well. As I started to run, i eased into it and it became a lot better. Pleased with my time, 30% improvement for time from 2016.

This was also the day I started with Team 'Medal Heads'  and Run the Year 2018. Myself, my friend Amy and 2 new FB friends, log our miles together to reach 2018 miles in one year. At the rate we are going, we will be done in 8 months !  Its a awesome challenge. Maybe this will become a tradition !

Besides my running goals, I have a Cycling race all set up for June 2018. This year I will be flying to Norway to see my family and race the midsummer event. The event is called the Strykeprøven which means
'Strength Test'. I will ride in the 136 km distance this year.  Should be interesting and fun.  I am fortunate that I will make the trip this year.

Signing out.... More on ambassadorships I am involved in for 2018 !






No comments:

Post a Comment